Friday, August 20, 2010

step up 3D!

I realize that this seems completely anomolous to my girly, frilly, put-together personality, but I LOVE hip hop music.  LOVE.  love, love, love.  And sometimes I don't even mean to do it, but I'll memorize a rap song, start singing along, and then watch as people give me the who-the-heck-do-you-think-you-are eyebrow.  You know that eyebrow.  I've probably given it to you at some point.  Anyway, I also love hip hop dancing, which, unfortunately, isn't as easily memorized and really isn't something I'm good at at all.  But that doesn't mean I can't obsessively watch other people do it!  So, when Molly agreed to go see Step Up 3D with me, I was SO PUMPED!  Pretty much I had already memorized the soundtrack, and poor Molly not only had to put up with the loud girls in the theater who were basically having a conversation with the characters, but she had to put up with my "rapping".  I'm not going to sugar coat it... the acting was probably the worst I've ever seen and the whole plot was apparent from the first thirty seconds, but OH MY GOSH these people can dance, and it was so worth it!  Also, we looked cool, so... bonus points.


And I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance, so seeing a bunch of the old contestants in the movie was just super!  Here's the trailer in case you're thinking about seeing it... 



Also, I ate my weight in popcorn.

I probably won't update over the weekend, so enjoy, and I'll be back on Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails