Thursday, November 4, 2010

election party!

Being the huge nerds that we are, Molly and I decided Monday night that Tuesday's election was just going to be too big a deal to not thoroughly celebrate.  I mean, it was a HUGE Republican victory, really the kind that we haven't seen in a long, long time.  And I wish I had known it was going to happen the day after Obama was elected when I was wallowing in my bed like armegeddon was imminent (ask my mom... I was inconsolable).

But really, how often do you get to witness an election so historic WHILE living in DC?!?  So, we threw a party!  My friends Katie, Lauren, her boyfriend, John, and Molly's sister, Chelsea, all came over to watch the election coverage with us, which also gave Molly a chance to do what she does best... cook and entertain!  I made chili, and Molly made buffalo chicken dip and a flag cake!



I think those faces pretty much sum it up...


And we are so proud of our roommate, Clara, who worked at the Republican National Committee ALL  NIGHT to deliver election results to big wigs across the country!  She was even part of the prank pictured below, which was written up on Gawker.com!


The text says, "It might not surprise you to hear that prep school rivalry pranks are funny among the entrenched Washington classes. And last night, Republicans finally got revenge over an 18-year-old Democratic prank, involving a donkey who now hates Nancy Pelosi.

You boys!

In 1992, a life sized donkey was placed at the front door of the Republican National Committee offices. It was a fitting prank in a year when Democrats took the White House and retained majorities in the House and Senate.  Last night, Republicans got payback.  That same donkey, shown here, was delivered after midnight to the steps of the DNC, covered in logo gear from the GOP's successful 2010 campaign to take back a majority in the House."


We couldn't be prouder!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is really historic about this election? The occasional changes in majority rule of the House and Senate aren't groundbreaking, are they?

Lauren said...

Well, for starters, the North Carolina Congress hasn't been controlled by Republicans in 112 years. Missouri had the largest Republican pick-up since 1930, and Republicans haven't controlled as many state legislatures as they do now since 1928. I could keep going, but this post is really just about a party, so I'd rather not debate you on an adjective.

Bekah said...

Zing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails