Tuesday, November 23, 2010

leanna's senior day!

Despite the tough week my family had, Saturday was definitely a day of celebration, because it was Leanna's last Carolina home game!  Even though we lost to NC State (who, I'll admit, I wasn't upset with because they needed the win to get to the ACC Championship), Leanna was honored at halftime with the rest of the seniors in the marching band, and we got to go out to a celebratory dinner as a family afterward.  I'm so, so proud of her for all she's done in her four years at Carolina, and I'm really glad to have her join me as an old fogey in May!

Getting ready to play for the fans on Franklin Street...




Mom and me at the Davie Poplar tree...


They say if you kiss on this bench, you'll get married, but I think my parents took care of that one a while ago...


Back at the Old Well!






Leanna headed up for her last pre-game meal!


Pre-game show!






There's Leanna's face on the Jumbotron during halftime... so exciting!



I'm pretty sure I looked like a dork in this visor, but the sun was SO bright!


Dad had to wear Carolina blue to get the half price tickets from the band, but no one told him what to wear underneath or who to pull for...


I guess things went his way!  But that's ok, I think the bigger victory was Leanna's!  Love you, sissy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails