Monday, November 1, 2010

happy november!


First of all, HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY to my cousin, Sam!!!  Miss and love you!

I love, love, love November.  Obviously, it's still fall, which makes it one of my favorite months by default, but November also means Thanksgiving is coming!  I just booked my trip home last weekend, so I couldn't be more ready.

I'll go ahead and admit that my first attempt at setting monthly goals wasn't a 100% success... some of them are gonna have to carry over to this month!  Here were October's goals:

- Run at least three times a week.  I have such a cute, runner-friendly neighborhood that this one should be easy!  Ummm, I wish I had done this one.  But I did start walking around the Capitol at lunch, so that's something!
- Take pictures of the leaves changing near all the monuments.  They haven't changed completely yet... stay tuned!
- Throw Amanda the world's most fabulous bridal shower!
- Learn the ins & outs of Adobe Illustrator.  Working on it!
- Participate in the office Halloween costume contest (that'll be bloggable for sure!)  Turns out last year's contest didn't carry over to this year... but I did wear an orange dress and black polka dotted tights on Friday!
- Get my Groupon manicure with Molly!  I might save this one for Amanda's wedding, actually...
- Buy curtains for my room.  Finally!  Add this one to the November list...
- Switch some of the picture frames in my room to ones that match better.  I actually have a better idea for the walls now.  I'll fill you in soon! 
Save at least 20% of each paycheck for my "rainy day fund". 
- Carve a pumpkin (or two) of course!  I carved five!  The squirrels promptly ate all of them.

Ok, here goes November!  We'll see if I can do better this time!

- Buy curtains.  For real.
- Keep learning Adobe Illustrator
- Really take pictures of the leaves changing
- Get new pictures printed for my cubicle (Bekah, Mom, and Dad, and Leanna, it's high time your faces made an appearance!)
- Start yoga at work (for real, HR is starting this!  So exciting!)
- Buy our Christmas tree!  Monday after Thanksgiving, it's happening...
- Celebrate Leanna's Senior Day!
- Get plugged into a Small Group Bible Study
- Keep better tabs on calories in, calories out.  No holiday sabotage!

And that's it!  And of course, if you set goals for yourself, blogged or not, I wanna hear 'em!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Thanks for the shout out! My goals are to not develop carpal tunnel and not need reading glasses within a year... whew! Love ya cuz

Related Posts with Thumbnails