Monday, November 29, 2010

home for thanksgiving!

I had such a wonderful time at home these past few days!  It was the first Thanksgiving I can remember in a LONG time that we didn't actually have Thanksgiving dinner with anyone outside our immediate family.  It was different, but it was still fun!  Leanna and I got to have coffee with Katie, one of my best friends from high school, and we also got to visit Granddaddy in Burlington on Friday.  But we definitely didn't miss out on Black Friday... Burlington's shopping has exploded in the past few years, and we cleaned up!  We even bought matching coats, which may mark one of the few times we've voluntarily bought the same item of clothing.  But it's okay since we live 200 miles apart!

We also watched a TON of football (Carolina beat Duke, thank goodness!), and I capped off the weekend with a visit from Amanda... only 21 days until her wedding!

I'm sad that it's Monday and I actually have to work a full week, but we've officially decorated our house for Christmas, so stay tuned for those pictures!  Here are some from this past week.

Trying to move Reba and Dottie away from the turkey would have probably required heavy machinery.


Another amazing Thanksgiving meal thanks to Mom!


Leanna and I let Dottie get a lot closer to the table than Mom would like...


Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers from Publix!  (All my GA, SC, and FL friends will understand, but for those of you who don't, watch the video!)



These lights were hanging on a bridge near Granddaddy's house in Burlington.  Love them!  I seriously made Leanna drive by them four times so I could get pictures.  Best sister ever.


Just pretend the "L" isn't missing.  (Sometimes the "L"s don't come when they're supposed to come, right Dad?)  :)


Granddaddy has this pond right behind his house, and the neighborhood always does such a beautiful job decorating it!  The candy canes look kind of funny during the day because the tops are just bent pipes attached to tree trunks, but they look good at night!




Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

Carrots, Green Beans and Cabbage were all Lucinda's recipe. She's my new cooking inspiration and teacher! MAD Hungry!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails