Wednesday, November 3, 2010

halloween!

Halloween was pretty tame around our house.  We only had one trick-or-treater (an adorable little Spiderman) even though we bought eight bags of candy!  Needless to say, we had a LOT left over!  But Molly and I made it a fun day anyway.  After church, we went to lunch at Maggiano's in Tyson's Corner (more on that another day...), and we had an afternoon of shopping at Target before we got all dressed up in our costumes! 


Molly was a '50s housewife (pretty good, right?) and I was Lady Gaga (of course)!  I realize Lady Gaga never actually wore that outfit, but since Laura sent me that headband (which I wrote about here), I knew I had to make an attempt!  I found some Christmas bird decorations and crazy star sunglasses at the Dollar Tree and Target, and the rest I just threw together!



AND, we made a pumpkin pie!!!  It was SO delicious, and all we used was the recipe on the side of the Libby's Pumpkin Mix can!  Molly did make the crust all by herself, though, so look out world, I think I live with your next Food Network star!



Then, we watched When Harry Met Sally, some SNL, some Say Yes to the Dress, and some Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I know, we're such lazy bums, but we laughed non-stop! 

We also bought magnet letters at Target.  Oh yes, we did.  And the cashier definitely asked us if we had a small child at home.  a) ABSOLUTELY NOT, and b) ABSOLUTELY NOT.  But we do have fun with our initials.


I want to know what you dressed up as for Halloween!  Give me the deets!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails