Tuesday, December 13, 2011

oh tannenbaum...

Let's pretend I didn't completely ignore my blog yesterday, shall we?  I'm not moving until the 22nd, so this blog will be fully functional until then.

Ok, great.

How about some Christmas, then?!?  Last weekend, Molly and I got our tree!  We did the super expensive but super fun tree farm last year, so this year we decided to hit up Home Depot for a tree that was half the price and double the width.  Score one for capitalism.


Our tree is indeed six and a half feet tall.  We like our trees like we like our men.


This guy was super nice and cut the bottom branches off for us, but when we asked him to put the tree stand on, he said, "I'd rather not."  Hmph.



This is why you pay $35 for a huge tree.  Because they don't waste money on rope.  You'll get saran wrap and like it.  And let me tell you, when you're driving down the street with that saran wrap flapping in the wind, it sounds like your car ate a giant burrito.



That happened.


We went to Olive Garden to celebrate our super lovely tree at a ridiculous price, and I can't remember if this face was because the waiter was terrible or because we had just watched Lady Gaga's new video.  Could have been either.


Sappy, sappy tree.




Oh, hello self!


Isn't she a beaut?  We named her Frannie the Frasier Fir.


And of course, like last year, I lashed the leftover branches to the stair rail.  It's my pride and joy.


Molly hosted my going-away party on Saturday, and having everyone over really made it feel like Christmas!  I just love it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails