Thursday, December 29, 2011

last day at ICMA!

Phew!  I finally made it to my last day of work!  It was a bittersweet day, because I was very, very happy to leave my responsibilities and my management situation (ask me if you want details), but I was genuinely very upset to leave 99 percent of my coworkers.  They're some of my best friends in the world, and it was a unique experience for me to be able to work with so many people my age.  Cleaning out my desk was really rough, because I had worked pretty hard to make it a cute workspace that I enjoyed seeing everyday.  And my teammates were sad to see it go, too!  But I have pictures, and I can always try to recreate it in the future.

Fortunately, my good friend, Megan, quit the same day I did, so we were able to share our going-away party and our goodbyes.  Apart from the fact that it would have been a little awkward to have all the attention on myself, it's nice to go through all the transition stuff with someone else.

Here are a few photos from my last few minutes at my desk...

Amy was a creeper, but that's nothing new.



...and Rebecca wouldn't stop taking pictures, so I had to come up with new faces.  That's enough of that.


Nate and I only worked together for a few months, but we were good buddies!  He's on the International team, but our cubes were actually just eight feet from each other.  Still, he would usually call me instead of coming over to my desk.  Men.

(He's also a Michigan State fan and holds the mother of all grudges over me for the 2009 National Championship game.  Time to let go.)


...and then I took this picture after we left Irish Times and headed to We the Pizza.  I really don't know why.  It's not my best.



So, again, not heavily documented, but it was a super fun night after a busy day of wrapping things up!

Even though I can't spill all the details here, I can tell you that I didn't leave without saying everything I needed to say, both to HR and to my team leader.  So, I feel good about that.  There are changes that need to be made, particularly if people my age are going to be able to thrive there.  I hope that for everyone's sake, those changes are made, because my coworkers desperately deserve better.

1 comment:

Lauren Crawford said...

I can rest a little eaiser now... I was dying for blog posts!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails