Tuesday, April 5, 2011

grilled portobello mushroom steaks


I used a recipe in Mad Hungry to make these last Thursday night, and they were so delicious and easy, I had to share!  I adapted it a little bit because I like my herbs cooked rather than just sprinkled on top, but either way works well!

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
as many portobello mushrooms as you care to eat
6 to 8 sprigs of fresh herbs, such as sage, oregano, and rosemary (ground herbs work, too!)
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Directions:

1. In a baking dish large enough to hold the mushrooms in a single layer, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.  Lay in the mushrooms, top down, and pour a small amount of EVOO on top of the mushroooms.  Sprinkle the fresh herbs on top as well.

2. Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.  Remove the mushrooms from the marinade.  Grill the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once or twice.  Remove from the grill to a platter.  Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the mushrooms.  Serve hot or at room temperature.

I served the mushrooms with a side of asparagus with feta cheese.  Asparagus is one of my top five personal addictions.


Happy cooking!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails