Thursday, April 14, 2011

tea time at the ICMA masters

Once a month at work, we have a short afternoon party called Midday Munchies, and I just love it!  Each month's party is put on by a different team and with a different theme, so the food and the activities are always new.  This month, HR was in charge, and they decided to have the Masters be their theme!  And since HR and I are pretty tight, they had me make a few signs with random Masters facts on them, so that was a nice distraction from my normal workload.



Tricia even brought in her Wii Golf game for people to play, and Brit won the green jacket, haha!


A few people asked me if I played golf, and even though I took a few lessons when I was younger and took a class in college (extra frat points for Carolina), I told them it was kind of hard to play and feel good about yourself when your mom's a national champion and a hall of famer.

I am not kidding.


I got a few impressed looks and a few "REALLY?!?"s when I dropped that little nugget of knowledge on everybody.  She probably hasn't even told most of you that!  But really, I'm not very good.  I wish I were better!

Anyway, I think it's my team's turn to host Midday Munchies pretty soon, so we'll see what we come up with!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

Good memories. I am joining a golf league here in Raleigh and will play next Monday at 8:30am. Can't wait. I finally have time to work on my golf game again. Let's play when you are home next time! I found a great course for us that is affordable and fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails