Friday, April 15, 2011

softball at work!

We officially have an ICMA softball team!  Rec teams are kind of a big deal in DC, and a lot of rec leagues actually play on the National Mall.  There's flag football, kickball, soccer, and pretty much any other sport you can think of!  But we got the go ahead from HR to have our own softball team, so after a couple of my coworkers organized it, one of my team members, Hannah, and I designed the t-shirt!  Actually, Megan came up with the team name, which I think is hysterical and so appropriate since we work with local governments.  Hannah drew the softball diamond, and I formatted it with the lettering.


Practice starts on Wednesday, and our games start a couple weeks after that!  I haven't played softball since the 8th grade, so I don't know if it'll all come back to me or not, but it should be a blast!  We're playing over near the Tidal Basin and the Jefferson Memorial, so it'll be a beautiful location if nothing else.  I'll keep you posted on how we do!

Happy Friday (and enjoy my current song obsession. Molly gets the credit for sending it to me, as usual)!

2 comments:

Clara said...

Go Mols...and love the logo for the softball team Lauren :)

Parkison Family said...

:) Looks like fun! I played flag football when I was there...as well as basketball. Tons of fun. I remember our last game we played in the lawns behind the white house. I still thik deep down that "W" was watching from his balcony!

Related Posts with Thumbnails