Wednesday, April 6, 2011

poor butler.


I really, really wanted them to win.  I really did.  Grieving over their loss to Duke in the national championship last year pretty much erased a whole week of my life, and I even bought a Butler t-shirt to make myself feel better.  I have been to the state of Indiana exactly once in my life.

And it was such a terrible game, from what I could see.  I actually had a horrific stomach virus on Monday night and spent most of the game sleeping and hurling into a trash can, which I thought was pretty poetic, given the outcome.  I distinctly remember curling up into the fetal position when Duke won last year.  I guess history does repeat itself after all.

Maybe they'll make another run at it next year?  I might just put them in the finals of my bracket as wishful thinking.

Speaking of brackets, here are the results of our house bracket pool!


We will be buying Paul the fanciest of Rieslings, because he not only beasted the rest of us by putting Butler in the final, but he did so because of Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind.  No scientific strategy, just hardcore celebrity worship.  A little love to Adam Brandt, who held down the #20 spot for the entirety of the tournament.  Hats off to you, sir, for validating the rest of us, even as we crashed and burned in a pile of play-in final four contenders.  And it seems my sister has beaten me once again.  Par for the course.

One last thing... since Carolina's official season ended about a week ago, some of the team have been going around to the rec courts on campus and playing with the students, which I think is just extra awesome.  The students always know they'll be there because pretty much everyone follows them on Twitter (including yours truly), but it actually looks like they have a lot of fun!  I'm sorry, but not every team would actually do this.  Some of them really have their panties in a wad, so I gotta give it to our team for staying connected to their fans.


Hope your bracket wasn't a total disaster!  How long until football season?

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Poor LEW! You had the virus, too?? Gross. I'm still struggling with it...a week later. Hope you're well. I miss you!

PS--Heard a new song by TPain and Snoop yesterday. I got crunk. It made me think of you! LO So gangsterrr.

Bo and Liz said...

loved the video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails