Wednesday, November 2, 2011

diwali at work

If that post title is giving you flashbacks of the following, your brain is right on par with what you're about to see.


I'm not even kidding, as our finance and contracts team was setting up the party in one of our conference rooms, it sounded like an actual club in there.  They had Indian music on full blast, turned down the lights, and they were all dressed in saris.  It was probably the best Midday Munchies we've ever, ever had.  And they let me help!

Apparently, one Indian tradition is to make art out of colored rice, and they wanted to make a flower design on one of the tables in the conference room.  So, they called me in about an hour beforehand to draw a flower on the table with chalk, and that way they could use the outline to fill in the rice.  Well, I'm super proud of how it turned out!


Like I said, a little "Jai Ho" projected up on the screen and suddenly it's the party of the century.  People were dancing up there, but I was in the back of the room to avoid getting pulled into that.  Also, that's where the food was.


Happy Diwali!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails