Tuesday, November 1, 2011

it's here, it's here!

No, not November (well, ok, that's here, too).  Mindy Kaling's new book!  You may remember me blog-squealing in anticipation about it back in May, and it's finally, finally here!

Here's the thing.  I do not get excited about books.  To the dismay of my friends who love them and the book club I co-founded (I have yet to finish a single book), I just don't care to read something that isn't going to make me laugh or end with a ring on someone's finger.  I know, pathetic.  The only recent exception to this rule was Band of Brothers, which is just plain riveting.

But when I heard about this book, cleverly titled, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns), the online excerpts were practically begging me to read them.  In case you forgot about my favorite chapter so far, here's a little recap, with the same little disclaimer:  The language is 99% clean.  But there are a couple land mines.  They don't bother me, but if they bother you... well, that's why this warning is here.






True friendship, people.  Buy the book.  Don't let me beat you to the cool table.

p.s. Happy quarter century of existence to my mountain-climbing, cross-country-biking, white-water-rafting, law-studying cousin and brother from another mother, Sam!  Love you!


I know.  We were beyond presh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails