Tuesday, November 15, 2011

pentagon memorial

I totally forgot to post these pictures from a few weeks ago, but when my family came to visit back in late October, we visited the Pentagon Memorial the day after the NC State @ U.Va. game.  I hadn't been yet (even though I go to the Pentagon everyday!), and it was just beautiful.


Every person who died at the Pentagon on 9/11 has his or her own bench, and those whose face outward were in the Pentagon, but those facing inward were on the plane.




Each person's bench also has the names of the people with whom they were flying, if he or she was on the plane.


There's also this really beautiful plant near the memorial (I forgot what it's called), but I need it in my "front yard"!


I'm so glad I finally got to see this memorial, ten years after 9/11.  It's such a lovely tribute!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails