Friday, December 3, 2010

christmas decorations!

Molly and I had planned to go buy our Christmas tree on Monday, but when she picked me up from the train station Sunday night, we just couldn't wait any longer!  So, we went straight to the tree lot down the street from our house and then headed to Target for some lights!  Molly had already snatched up some ornaments and a wreath on Black Friday, so we hopped to it right when we got home.  I think I'm the only one in the house who has had a real tree for the majority of the Christmases I can remember, but I think the rest of the girls have been sufficiently convinced that a real tree is the only way to go!  It may require a little more care, but it has an amazing smell, and pretty much everything else about it is just better.  So, here's a peek at our holly jolly house!

We knew it when we saw it... it was love!



I can't remember ever having a tree lashed to the top of a car because my dad always had a truck... so this was definitely picture-worthy!


Proof that it's there... through the sunroof!



Molly named him Jack.


Jack might need to be a Jackie... he's awfully glittery.  But I do love this tree topper Molly picked out!





The tree lot gave us the extra greenery they cut off the tree to make room for the tree stand, so this garland was my project.  I love it!


(Admittedly fake) poinsettias from Michaels!  At least we won't kill them.  And they have about as much glitter as the ornaments.  Molly did end up buying a real one for our coffee table, too!



We have so enjoyed decorating our very first home away from home!  Now we need to work on the presents...

Bonus:  Here's one of my favorite Christmas songs by one of my favorite bands!  Enjoy, and download it here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails