Tuesday, December 21, 2010

roommate christmas

Last Thursday night after we all got home from work, we had Roommate Christmas!  It was so lovely.  Clara made hot chocolate, and even though Molly wasn't feeling well and I had to leave super early for the wedding the next day, we all made time to spend with each other for a little while.  Here's what we opened!

Molly got Clara a scarf from Anthropologie made by some women in Africa!  I wish you could see it up close, because it's lovely and so warm!


I got Stacey a yearlong subscription to Vogue, since she reads it as religiously as I do, but pays the hideous cover price at the grocery store.  No more, my friend!


Molly got me this AMAZING watch necklace from Urban Outfitters!!!!!  It has an actual operating clock face on the front and visible gears on the back, all on a beautifully antiqued gold chain.  I was with her when she was buying one for her coworker, and I was SO jealous, because I thought that was the last one in the store!  Well, since Molly works part time at Anthropologie, which is owned by Urban Outfitters, she pulled some strings and got another one from the back of the store while I wasn't looking!  To say I screamed when I opened it just does me no justice.  I wore it alllll day Friday and allll day yesterday!


The front looks something like this...


And since Molly and Clara still have such strong ties to Cedarville University and consider Ohio to be very much their home, here's what I made them... (please note Clara's face.)



Pillows shaped like Ohio!  I can't lie, this wasn't originally my idea (and yes, they do resemble the ornaments I made).  I found a lady who sells the pillows on Etsy, but she sells them for $52 each, and I knew I could make them for less than that.  And I did!  The yellow fleece was actually only 79 cents for 3/4 yard!  Clearly, I need to iron them at some point.  But, they are super cozy, and I'm really proud of them!  Now, I need to make a Pennsylvania one for Stacey and a North Carolina one for me.  And if you ask nicely, I'll make one for you.  ;)

Stacey gave me my gift last night, and I absolutely love it!  But since Clara and Molly are away until after Christmas (and they read this blog), I can't tell you what it was! 

Hope all of you are honing in on the Christmas shopping finish line!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails