Thursday, December 30, 2010

amanda's wedding: part two

Saturday was the big day!  Amanda and all the bridesmaids arrived at the church at 10:00 AM for a full day of hair, makeup, and pictures before the 5:00 ceremony.  We all had so much fun together just being girly and getting excited!

Here's Amanda's dress from the back, complete with 10-foot train.  Can you believe it?!?





Jessica, Emily, Amanda, and me (obviously) pre-makeup!


Miss Debbie did an amazing job with our hair and makeup!  There's a reason she was Amanda's Miss America stylist!


We did a fair amount of singing and dancing to Elizabeth Anne's Blackberry while we were getting ready, including L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole!  Here's proof:


All the bridesmaid dresses hanging from the chandelier!  Didn't Amanda do such a good job picking them out?!


Jessica getting her makeup done... she'll be a bride herself in just six months!


Last but not least... the bride!  She was reading the letter I wrote for her.


Mothers of the bride and groom!  I got a chance to talk to Nick's mom during our prep time, and I complimented her on how calm and pulled together she was (because I have seen an imposing mother of the groom before, and it ain't pretty).  When I told her that, she started to cry, which made me want to cry!


Amanda and Mallory getting all set for pictures!


I think this is a framer.


I don't have any pictures of the ceremony, but I'll be sure to pass along the link when the photographer's pictures are posted.  Here are a few from the reception at the Grand Marquise ballroom in Garner!  Don't you just love the monogrammed dance floor?


Everything was so beautifully decorated.


My sweet parents!


First dance as husband and wife!  Thanks to Mom for taking these pictures!


Singing the UNC Alma Mater, Hark the Sound!


I made sure my toast wasn't sappy... I'd rather laugh than cry!


The Cha Cha Slide... standard.


Dancing to Carolina Girls!  Even my sister and Amanda's cousin joined in!


Getting ready for the bouquet toss... Amanda threatened to kill me if I didn't catch it.


...aaaaaand I didn't.  But Nick's sister did!


Fishing for the garter...


No one actually caught it, but Michael was the first to it once it hit the ground!


My adorable parents again... almost married for 25 years!


Saying their goodbyes before heading off to Disney and St. Lucia!



That's all, folks!


Wasn't everything just lovely?  I couldn't even put all the pictures up on the blog (there were just way too many), so click here to see the full facebook album!  And if you're new to my blog, go here to read all about how they met and fell in love!  Yay weddings!

2 comments:

Ellie B said...

What a beautiful wedding!

Miss North Carolina 2008 said...

ok....I have successfully read BOTH of your blogs about our wedding and have successfully gone through an ENTIRE box of tissues =) Thank you for documenting this special time in my life!! You were the best maid of honor EVER!!!! love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails