Wednesday, December 1, 2010

scenes from the train ride

First of all, Happy December!  I am RIDICULOUSLY excited for Christmas... it is absolutely my favorite time of year!  I even like the commercials on tv.  And I may or may not have just spent two hours in Michael's buying decorations.

But anyway, I'm going to stay on Thanksgiving for today!  Remember how I mentioned I took the train home?  Well, I thought I would hate it since it would take so much longer than flying, but I really didn't!  The best part was being able to see parts of Virginia and North Carolina that you can't see from I-95 and I-85... there are so many cute little towns and rivers along the way!  I couldn't take any pictures on the way to Raleigh since it was dark, but on the way back to DC, I took a bunch!  I'm pretty sure the guy sitting next to me thought I was a complete doofus, but I hope you enjoy!

Here's Downtown Raleigh from the train station...


I promise it's not really in a desert.



I think this was Rocky Mount...



I'm not sure where the next few were taken, but I know they were in Virginia!




Hello, Northern Virginia.  You are charming.




So, I highly recommend the train!  If you ever want to come visit me and just don't feel like hanging out in an airport, three words:  Amtrak.  Dot.  Com.

A BIG thanks to Molly for coming to pick me up in Alexandria when my train pulled in!  You are the BEST!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

I'm glad the train experience was a good one. I'm looking forward to riding on my next visit to Arlington! A big thank you to Molly for picking you up!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails