Thursday, December 16, 2010

herb garden

We didn't buy very much at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show (not because it wasn't tempting), but Molly did buy some herbs we could grow in our windowsill!  We're always frustrated with the quantities we have to buy fresh herbs in, because we just don't use them quickly enough, and they rot before we're ready.  So, we decided to fix that by growing our own cilantro, sage, thyme, and basil!  We went to A.C. Moore shortly after and bought some terra cotta pots for each, and then I got my decorate on with a couple Garden Craft pens so each pot would be labeled!  I love how they turned out, and all I did was copy a font from dafont.com (props to Leanna for changing my life with that website years ago)!





We may need to make another run at this, because we've been a little lazy about watering them, and they're suffering.  And by "suffering", I mean we bought these plants a month ago, and they are totally, totally dead now.  Oh well, ashes to ashes, dust to dust!  But I'm currently keeping our Christmas tree alive (and by "alive", I mean just shy of drowning), so I think I can keep some herbs alive.  Second chance, please?  At least the pots are still adorbs.

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

I love these pots! When you're home for Christmas please decorate some for me! They're fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails