Tuesday, December 7, 2010

new york city! part one.

First of all, it's Pearl Harbor Day!  Please say a special prayer today for all the troops and for our veterans who faithfully served in Pearl Harbor and beyond.

This past weekend, one of my best friends from college, David, flew up from Charlotte to visit!  We had originally planned on just being DC tourists, but when he told me he had a layover at JFK in NYC, my wheels started spinning and I wondered if he would be up for a visit to New York City!  He had never been, and I've never seen it at Christmas, so we decided that we would do a few things in DC on Friday night but that he, Molly, and I would get up super early on Saturday and drive to the Big Apple.  We had SO.  MUCH.  FUN.  We arrived in NYC around 11 AM and were able to find $15 parking for the day!  Amazing!  We mostly stayed in Midtown, but we did venture out a little for shopping and dinner.  Here's our adventure!

The new "guest book" for people who come visit us is this hilarious coloring book from Anthropologie.  In this picture, David was supposed to "make it rain," so, being the gangsta that he is, he drew money falling from the sky.


Stacey, who is far more familiar with NYC than we are, made us this lovely and super helpful map that we promptly framed when we got back!


Times Square!



Oh hey, that's Aziz Ansari in Times Square!  I did freak out a little.


Target is my FAVORITE.


Conde Nast at 4 Times Square!  Where Vogue is published!!!!!!!



David and me at the New York Public Library...


...and Molly and me!


This is absolutely, 100% Molly's happy place.  Aaaand, I was just really happy to be in the same place as a scene from the first Sex and the City movie!





Chrysler Building...


Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree!  Checking that one off the Bucket List...




Does anyone else hear the theme song to 30 Rock in her head?


I kinda have to apologize to Ellie and my cousin, Martha, for not stopping to see them while I was close by!  I soooo, wish we had had time, but Molly is insistent that we will be back a LOT, so I promise I will see you!

Come back tomorrow for part two!

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Um! Are we coat twins?!

Anonymous said...

You're totally breaking my heart Miss Lauren! Next time you better have time to hang with your old roomie :)

Glad you had a great time--isn't it beautiful during Christmas?!

Ellie B said...

and, um, that was me ^

But I'm guessing you figured that out!

Lauren said...

Bekah, I don't think we ar coat twins, because yours has a really big lapel and a belt. But we are so close!

And Ellie, I'm so sorry I broke your heart! I solemnly swear to see you soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails