Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the civil wars concert!

As if I hadn't plugged them enough already, here's another (but not the last, I'm sure) post on The Civil Wars!  They came to Jammin' Java in Vienna last Saturday, and they are just one of those rare duos that sound better live than on a recording (but you should still buy their album)!


I call this "Failure to Adjust My Shutter Speed".  I know, I know.  Fine art.



Lucy Schwartz opened up for them, and she was FANTASTIC!  If you haven't heard of her, check her out on iTunes!  I think "Life in Letters" is my favorite.  But here's a quick video of her singing "Gone Away" with Joy and John Paul!









This picture was definitely an accident, because someone ran in front of it right as I took it!  But now I want to hug her, because her face blur looks kiiiind of amazing.




This is probably my favorite song they sang.  It's called "From This Valley", and I can't wait until they actually record it!






...aaaand of course, they sang "Barton Hollow"!







And their encore was "Billie Jean"!  It.  is.  brilliant.



So, clearly, if they ever do a show anywhere near you, I highly recommend it!  I'm expecting these two to start picking up some awards in the near future!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails