Tuesday, February 15, 2011

valentine's day wrap-up

A lot of people like to ignore Valentine's Day (even people who are married/in relationships.  I will never understand that.), but I have to admit, V-Day 2011 didn't disappoint! 

Not only did I get a sweet package from my mom last week, but I opened my door yesterday morning to find these from Molly!




And when I got to work, I found a bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies from Tricia!  And they were DELICIOUS.  So delicious, in fact, that I forgot to take a picture of them.  But I mean, in case you needed one, here's a rough imitation.


And THEN, (and I know this will be hard for some of you to believe), I made my inaugural trip to Ikea!  Molly promised that it would be amazing and mind-blowing and that I was surely not prepared for it, and SHE WAS RIGHT.  Holy motherland, that place is where I need to live.  I bought a few things that were hung on the walls (post on those to come!), but I'm super excited about these magazine organizers!  NERD ALERT, I know.  But I get a ridiculous number of magazines every month, and they really needed to stop collecting on my nightstand.  All the slippery covers were starting to create a hazardous tower of style that had the potential to crash at any moment.  But now I can keep all my Vogue issues for the next twenty years and not feel guilty! 


But for those of you to whom Valentine's Day is still a useless greeting card holiday devoid of Swedish meatballs, here's Jimmy Fallon as Robert Pattinson as a V-Day cynic with a doodle pad.



WHO'S EXCITED FOR TAX SEASON?!?  (No really, I am.  I may or may not make a game out of it.  I have a disease.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails