Wednesday, February 2, 2011

happy groundhog day!

The groundhog may or may not see his shadow today, but we still have snow on the ground!

Most of our snow from last week has already started to melt, and what hasn't has melted and refrozen enough times that it's basically just one large chunk of white ice (which would probably be a really excellent rapper name).  So, even though the Midwest got absolutely slammed with snow yesterday, we really just got rain, and there are few things I like less than cold rain.  My philosophy is that winter precipitation should be snow, otherwise there's no point.

But on Saturday, there was still enough of the white stuff around that I knew I wanted to go snap some pictures of the National Mall while it was snow-covered... so I did!  Fortunately, the snow kept a bunch of the tourists away, even if it meant I couldn't feel my ears after a couple hours.  Anyway, here are my favorites!






I think I hung out with these ducks for an inordinate amount of time.


Ballet duck.


Cold duck.







Who knew this creeper was hanging out outside the Lincoln Memorial?



I ADORE this picture.  I passed this dog several times (as did everyone else on this path), and he still stayed right with his owner.  He only let his nose distract him once, but it was so cute when he caught up to her that I couldn't resist taking a picture!





Hope you're all staying nice and warm!  The temps in DC are supposed to be spring-like today, so maybe I can ditch the earmuffs!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lauren, These photos are stunning. Amazing. I would pay to have them framed for my house.

Anonymous said...

The ballet duck made me laugh! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails