Thursday, February 24, 2011

wizards v. pacers!

So, a bunch of you probably remember this guy...


I spent the better part of my four years at Carolina referring to Tyler Hansbrough as "my husband", so when his NBA team, the Indiana Pacers, made the trip to DC to play the Wizards, I absolutely had to go.  Fortunately, I have a couple friends who really love basketball, too, so we had a ball in our cheap nosebleed seats!  There were a TON of people there in Carolina blue, too, which felt like home.  AND, I ran into my suitemate from freshman year right before the game!  How crazy is that?!?


FIRE!!!


Katie refused to leave without a foam finger, so... that's what she got.



There he is!!!!  It's still so weird to see him in a different uniform, but it still gave me a warm fuzzy.




You know that thing they do in the middle of pro sports games where they toss/shoot/drop t-shirts?  This is how badly Molly wanted one.


SUCCESS!




I think he only missed one free throw all night... so proud!


Gettin' his NBA on.


Pacers win!  I promise I would normally pull for the Wizards, but my blood is Carolina blue.  It's not something I can negotiate.



Oh my goodness.  I think we were the last people in the arena.


Hahahaha, whatever... we made a spectacular exit.


Apart from the fact that the Wizards are terrible, we had a really good time and I definitely want to go back!  I wonder when they play the Nuggets next.... I could use some Ty Lawson superhuman speed in my life. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails