Tuesday, February 22, 2011

weekend at home!

Sorry to all of you who were expecting a new post yesterday... one of the nice things about living in DC is being on the federal government holiday schedule, which means getting the day off when people like this guy have a birthday...


Thanks, G-Dub!

So, I got to spend the long weekend with my family and some of my very best friends in Raleigh!  Molly came with me, which made everything extra fun.  After Dad lovingly made breakfast, Molly, Bekah and I did some necessary accessory shopping at North Hills before grabbing lunch and driving around Raleigh for a little bit.  It was super duper fun, and Molly got an education on the Greek system, as told by Bekah, the alum.  Molly's was the face of intense rapture.  And I am not being facetious.  And THEN, Bekah introduced us to the best new thing in Raleigh... Sweet Spoons!  For you UNC alums, it's a lot like Yogurt Pump.  Basically, it's self-serve frozen yogurt that comes in a bunch of flavors, and you can add as many toppings as you like!  They just weigh your cup at the end, and that's what you pay!  It's pretty cheap, too, and you can rock out to some sweet jams while you decorate your wall ornament.



This is how deliriously happy it makes you.


I love it when my friends love each other!


I know, right?!?  Two MAJOR people in my life.  In one picture.  Mind is ex. plo. ding.




On Sunday morning, the three of us got to play with some serious two-year-old cuties in Children's Church!  Bekah made crowns for them to decorate, and we figured out just how popular an old yogurt cup can be.  Also, two-year-olds have the whole camera hog thing down!  I was taking pictures for Bekah to use to promote volunteering in Children's Church, and those kids BEG to have their pictures taken!  And they know you have the ability to show them the picture right after you take it, so don't even think you're going to walk away with that camera before they give you the thumbs up.

And finally, some of you will be happy and some of you will groan to hear that I, Lauren Winstead, have seen the Justin Bieber: Never Say Never 3D movie for a third time this week.  I cannot help that my mom, sister, and Bekah all wanted to see it while I was in town.  Wait, yes I can.  I suggested it.  Am I ashamed?  Still no.  But definitely waiting on tickets and backstage passes for life from the Biebs.

Also, we are totes excited about the new teen rom-com creatively titled Prom.  Dear Aimee Teegarden, going from Friday Night Lights to the Disney machine is disappointing and impressively shrewd, all at the same time.  Hesitant snaps. 



In summary, we do not know Rachel Cooper, but we think we'd have a lot to talk about.


Molly and I also got to see Amanda and Nick and meet their new dog, Bella, this weekend!  Bella is just the sweetest little Chihuahua ever, and we had tons of fun getting filled in on newlywed life!

Can't wait until life brings me back to Raleigh again!  I wish I could have seen soooo many more friends!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

Bieber has a new haircut! Caught this on Extra tonight after the news.

Related Posts with Thumbnails