Monday, May 2, 2011

God Bless America!!!

Needless to say, the past few hours have been really exciting here in DC!  It's so celebratory, which is a weird word to use after a government-ordered death conducted by a peace-loving country, but I'll be the first to admit I cried the very minute I found out bin Laden was dead.  I was 14 and sitting in my Algebra II class when America was attacked on 9/11, and it just feels like we can breathe a little easier now.  I know we may have essentially just kicked a hornet's nest, but I have immense faith in the ability of God and our troops to keep us safe despite the persistence of evil in the world.

I actually spent all day Sunday driving back from Ohio (more on that later this week), but as soon as I found out, I wanted to hop back in the car and drive down to the White House and party with everyone!  I didn't, but this happened...



(That's my roommate, Stacey, and it's actually her birthday today!  Happy Birthday, love!)


And then I ran down the street like a crazy person.  Yes, I did.



 
 
"After the chaos and carnage of September 11, it is not enough to serve our enemies with legal papers."
- George W. Bush

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails