Tuesday, May 31, 2011

mindy kaling might be my soulmate

So, most of you probably know who Mindy Kaling is, even if you didn't know that was her real name.


Your brain right now:  "Ohhhhhh yeah, that's that crazy girl, Kelly, from The Office.  She's my favorite."

Mine, too.

Anyway, Mindy also happens to be a writer for the show, and, lucky for humankind, the writer of a new book out in November that I think I'm already in love with.  It's called, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), and an excerpt of it was released last week.  I swear, it's like I wrote it.  Or like Molly and I wrote it together.  Because pretty much everything in it is something one or both of us has said or thought in the course of our friendship, and I just think I need to share a little piece of it with you today.

Unfortunately, the book doesn't come out until November (you're gonna figure out why that's such a bummer in like ten minutes), but I might stalk the book delivery people and bribe them with Twizzlers and Mountain Dew for an advance copy.

So, here's my favorite chapter so far, entitled "Best Friend Rights and Responsibilities".  If you get through it and you're dying for more (you will be), click here to read the full excerpt!  (Friendly warning: the language is 99% clean.  But there are a couple land mines.  They don't bother me, but if they bother you... well, that's why this warning is here.)  Also, if you need a little zoom action because the words are too small, just go ahead and click on the full excerpt link from a couple sentences ago.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails