Friday, May 6, 2011

trip to ohio: part two

Saturday was Elliv day!  After we got ready for the big show, we headed over to Cedarville's campus and caught up with some friends before heading to our seats!




Paul modeled for me while I adjusted my camera settings.  Natch.


The first performance was to Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair"!  I flipped out!


A bunch of the students put on crazy costumes for the event, including my good friend Rachael's sister, who arrived as the underpants in this Fruit of the Loom gang.


But the Army Men won the grand prize for best costume!


Ok, these guys were easily my favorite performance of the night.  They covered Mumford & Sons' "The Cave", and it. was. incredible.  Be sure to watch the video below!




Then, my good friend, Grant (the Student Body President), came out and thanked Jill for putting on such an amazing show.  She did a fantastic job!



The Grand Finale!


Then we stuck around for about two hours just socializing and being photogenic.






We heart Sarah Brittan a ridiculous amount.


Since the show was circus-themed, there was cotton candy and popcorn everywhere!



...and Clara and I did a fake photoshoot in the lobby...



Just a couple months until these two will share a last name!



Bob thought he was extra cool on the Genie lift.  Clara yelled at him to put the harness on, but of course, that fell on deaf ears.


PB and I struggled with the camera handoff.  So, this is what I got.


Love my girls!


And then we wandered into a random classroom and Paul serenaded us again...


And we FINALLY got to dinner around 10:30 PM!  We were starving, but Paul did a FABULOUS job picking the restaurant.  It was delicious!



After joining Paul for church the next morning at Apex Community Church (which was a-ma-zing), Molly and I hit up Fazoli's and got back on the road!  Props to Ohio for being way more fun than I ever gave it credit for... I had a blast!  But I have a feeling it's the people, not the cornfields.  :)

p.s. Our softball game got rained out this week, so our first game isn't until the 18th!  Bummer!
p.p.s  My baby sister graduates from college this weekend!  OH MY GOODNESS.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails