Thursday, May 26, 2011

we won!

My work softball team had its first game yesterday, and we crushed the other team 14-6!!!  I am SO PROUD!  I was assigned to third base, and I'm not gonna lie, I made a few mistakes since I'm rusty.  But, I did catch a line drive and turned it into a double play by throwing to first and helping tag out the girl who was headed to second, so that was fun.  But after I caught the ball, everyone was screaming, "THROW TO FIRST!!!" and I literally yelled, "WHY?!?!?" right as I chucked the ball because I had no idea that girl had even left the base, haha!  I batted in a couple runs, too, and I was super flattered that they let me bat third, so I was extra determined to get on base every time.

Here are Megan and Keith sticking it to the opposition...



The other team tried to argue a few calls with the umpire, which was super stupid because a) he's a government employee, and telling him how to do his job is going to get you next to nowhere, and b) did they really think he was going to let a bunch of 20-somethings question his credibility?  Did they drink the crazy water at lunch?

Afterward, we all went to celebrate at the Irish Times Bar near our office.  I'm hoping the weather holds out next week as well so we can get back to it!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

Great job on the double play! It's all coming back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails