Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the royal wedding!

Well, even though it's safe to say the United States has ridiculously upstaged all the royal wedding craziness, I won't lie, I'm still SO in love with it!  I just thought it was stunning, right down to Sarah Ferguson's daughters' crazy hats.

Of course, I had absolutely no problem getting up at 5 am to watch it.  Especially because mimosas (and English muffins) were involved.  (That also meant that I drank alcohol a solid two hours before I normally wake up and promptly fell asleep on the couch while William and Kate were signing their marriage license.)


And these lovelies were sweet enough to get up and watch it with me!


And yes, I did wear my tiara from Amanda's wedding.  It was almost as fabulous as Kate's.  And on that note, I have officially handled a train longer than that of a princess.  So, take that, Pippa Middleton.  I would have been happy to "train" you.  :)


I also took pictures of the television because I was delirious.


But for real, can we talk about how perfect Kate's dress was?  Not only did she pay a stunning tribute to Alexander McQueen, but she ushered the sleeved dress back in, and I couldn't be happier about it.  Except that now everyone will have it, and I'm going to have to wait fifteen years for it to go back out again so I can be unique.  And if you haven't seen the dress she wore for her evening reception, well... try not to pass out.  The Queen was also just a little ray of sunshine, and I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Kate's mom wore Carolina blue.  Just sayin'.


Most of all, I just loved how worshipful and traditional the ceremony was.  As royals who don't necessarily have to work for a living, I really do think they're in a very special position to be an extension of the love and compassion God has for His people, and I think they'll both be quite good at it!

So, I guess this means wedding season is here, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails