Thursday, May 19, 2011

thursday randoms

You know how you have those super random pictures on your phone and on your camera that don't really go with anything else, but they're still pretty special?  Well, that's especially frustrating to bloggers, because we like to have concentrated posts with several pictures dedicated to each.  And more than one person has told me they read my blog because I include pictures.

Well, guys, I gotta get rid of these lonely singleton pictures at some point, and most of them have excellent stories attached, so here we go.

Amy, Megan, and I saw this license plate when we went shopping a couple months ago at Leesburg Outlets.  I mean, at least this person is honest about what it's actually like to ride a bike. 


Disclaimer:  it's admittedly super creepy that I took a camera phone picture of two high school boys.  HOWEVER.  They go to the Gonzaga Prep School over near my office, and I swear they all look like Justin Bieber when they walk around in their dark purple warm-ups.


Meet my friend, Dustin.  He lives in New York, and he's one of the extra special people we met over New Year's.  Molly sent me this picture of him reading in the children's section of Barnes & Noble.  Either this particular book (which comes with those glasses) had to do with cats or it's really set on temporary eliminating peripheral vision.


Now meet Moe!  He's the neighborhood cat who wanders around begging on people's front doorsteps even though he has owners and is perfectly well-fed.  We thought he was lost the first day he showed up, but we called the owner and she was like, "Oh yeah, he's like the neighborhood cat.  Just go with it."  Alright.  Anyway, Molly is not even a cat person, which is why this picture is astounding.


This is from that time when Molly locked herself out of her car and we tried to pry the door open and then stick a coathanger in to unlock it.  We're really fortunate no one called the cops on us.  But yes, we did end up calling AAA.


This was from one of our super fun trips to Ikea!  We bought that rug and promptly returned it.  It was too small and (if I'm being honest) not cute.  Rachael, however, still owns all the stuff she's holding.


This is how we drove to Ohio.  With my inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter and my iPod plugged into its USB port and Molly's tape player, and then Molly's phone plugged into my phone charger which was plugged into the inverter.  We are alive and had no electrical fires because we have tigerblood.


When I went to visit my friend, David, in Charlotte recently, this is the kind of weather we saw during the minor league baseball game we went to.  In case you're wondering, we're weather pros and got back in the car about seven seconds before all hell broke loose.


But we did get to see this pretty sunset before that happened.



At my office, we have a birthday lion that lives (deflated) in my cubicle cabinet and makes his appearance whenever appropriate.  He doesn't stay inflated without constant air flow, though, so he creates an awesome little windy sound the whole day.  Kind of like the fridge being left open.



And that's my random post! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails