Tuesday, May 17, 2011

leanna's graduation: part one

I can't even believe it yet myself, but last weekend, my baby sister graduated from UNC!  It really doesn't feel like it's already been two years since I graduated, but what was funny was how many friends I saw from my class who also had little brothers and sisters graduating that weekend (or who were getting graduate degrees that day, even though in May of 2009, it seemed to me like getting a master's degree would take an eternity).

On Saturday was her graduation from the School of Education, which she has absolutely LOVED.  The professors know (and adore) her, and they really did their part to set her up with a great student teaching experience (that might actually lead to a full-time teaching position soon)!  The ceremony took place in the Dean Dome, where Carolina plays basketball, so it was extra fun for me to be back there also.


We're a proud family!






We took a trip over to the Carolina Basketball Museum before the ceremony, and the picture banner with my face on it is still there!


(That's me in the middle on the bottom row, with my friends Jenny and David.  And that is what I looked like as a college sophomore.  Not a whole lot different.)


Leanna and her favorite player!


FRIEND ATTACK.


Leanna, her BFF Rebekah, and her friend of ten years and roommate of four, Melissa!


And with Shelly, their School of Ed BFF.



Guess who I found who was also graduating that day?!  AMANDA!  She just finished her Master's in teaching!



There's Miss Amanda, super happy to be here... :)



Here comes Leanna (with her sparkly shoes)!




I think he's the dean of the school?




And then everybody started graduating!


My friend, Colin, who was in band with me and is marrying my friend, Jessica, in a month!


Here come Rebekah and Leanna!







I think she was afraid she was going to lose her hat.



Officially graduated!


Dancing to the Black Eyed Peas.  No, really.  The School of Education is that baller.


And as soon as that music came on, this girl shook what her mama gave her.  It. was. awesome.



We stopped by Peabody and did a little photo shoot, but pictures at the Old Well will have to come later because it was madness over there!








Congratulations, sissy!!!  Come back tomorrow to see her class-wide graduation in Kenan Stadium!

2 comments:

Clara said...

You look great in these pictures, Lauren! And congratulations, Leanna!!

Amy said...

Congratulations Leanna!! I almost feel like I was there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails