Thursday, July 21, 2011

amos lee concert

On Tuesday night, Molly, Megan, her friend Clint, and I headed out to Wolf Trap to see Amos Lee!  Haven't heard of him?  Click on this video and see if you don't recognize this song...


Isn't he lovely?!?  "Southern Girl" is probably my favorite!  You can't help but be happy and relaxed when he's singing.

Even though the humidity was probably 95% (I'm not kidding, it was like walking around in the Amazon), we packed chairs and a big picnic and just had the best time!

Check out that haze!  The sun did not help.  We were all sweating profusely.


I had not seen these before, but they are GENIUS!  Stakes for your wine glass?  Shut up!


This lady spent a good twenty minutes wandering every inch of the (small) concert venue looking for her husband after she undoubtedly made a trip to the restroom and maybe a little detour to La La Land.  Megan thinks she may have been drunk, but I just think, hey, she was in range of my camera and made me laugh.


Amos Lee!


I don't know why I didn't get a group shot, but probably because I didn't want my super sweaty face to be documented at ALL.


And on the way home, the moon looked extra orange and beautiful!  I love this city.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails