Tuesday, July 26, 2011

summer heat challenge

So, you've probably heard (or, more likely, experienced) the stifling, unbearable heat that DC has been suffering through in the past week, and I feel very fortunate to work in an office where it's not only air-conditioned, but often a little chilly.  But still, we all have to put up with the heat, and last Friday, management decided enough was enough.  The "no shorts" rule had to go.  We typically wear business casual clothes and love our Casual Fridays,  but since the heat index got up to 121 degrees on Friday, we had a little contest in our office to see who could fit their summer best into some crazy categories, including the "Frank and Estelle Costanza Award", the "Super Fan Award", and the "Don't Need a Stinking Award Award".  I thought about belting a super huge t-shirt over some leggings, but I realized I have more UNC gear than should be legal, so I went after the Super Fan Award and dressed like this (complete with Carolina headband, earrings, and flip flops):


Here were a couple of my competitors...


I'm really glad they didn't actually hand out awards, because if I had lost to a Redskins fan, I might have quit.


My teammate, Louise, lives and works in Hawaii, so she reported in from the ICMA Aloha Field Office. So jealous.


And our COO was at his beach house in Corolla.


Max and Megan participated in the shorts theme, and Max took it one step too far (as usual) with the socks.  No one knows what that piece of cardboard says.



But the best outfit of the day was Tom's (this was actually his third outfit), which included seersucker shorts, tube socks, and some '80s glasses he found at a vintage shop on Pennsylvania Ave.


Group shot on the patio!


I'm pretty thankful for this pack of weirdos!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails