Monday, July 11, 2011

nats game & the w hotel

So, last Sunday when all our July 4 friends were still here, we got to go see the Nats take on the Pittsburgh Pirates!  Without a doubt, it was one of the hottest outdoor activities I've ever, ever experienced.  Pretty sure I heard someone on the radio later say the heat index had been 102 degrees, and the fact that the Pirates got eight runs ahead in the third inning made it a little harder to watch.  BUT!  I love baseball, and I love love love the Nats, so we stuck it out for several more innings.  Plus, my sister was there to take her Nats hat to its inaugural game, and that was just extra presh.





Love that you can see the Washington Monument from the stadium!



The Presidents raced some of the Pittsburgh mascots, and guess who won?  Abe Lincoln, original gangsta.




This happened.  Some people just really should keep their clothes on.  (Props for the non-cargo shorts, though.)




Later on that night, we went to the POV rooftop bar at the W Hotel.  It has one of the most beautiful views of the city!









Please ignore my hair, which has been abused by the humidity.  DC in July may not be my BFF.


So that was our super glamorous Sunday before we sweated it out with the rest of humanity on July Fourth!  More on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails