Friday, July 15, 2011

for dustin

So last Friday, I sent my good friend, Dustin, a link to my blog at his request, and this is what he wrote back.


Well, ok!  You may remember Dustin from New Year's Day in NYC, when he joined Zach, Hannah, and Erica, who we met in Times Square, for a little Staten Island Ferry action.

Turns out, there's a lot more to Dustin than his astonishing ability to ride a ferry!  He's the Know Pastor (which is an extra cool way of saying Education Pastor) at Authentic Church in White Plains, NY, and he also happens to be an exceptionally gifted Skype Sock Puppeteer, as Molly and I learned last Friday.


This Tony Award-winning show took place, clearly, after the Grammy-nominated Skype Hat Show, which is why Dustin looks like he's trying to avoid frostbite in his mid-summer New York apartment.  We may or may not have run out of substantial things to talk about during this Skype sesh.

Dustin also gets gold stars for the following character traits and accomplishments:

1.  When Molly and I were in White Plains last month, Dustin indulged my love for the Atlanta Bread Company and happily chatted with me while I mangled a loaf of soup.

2.  Dustin's closet is more impressive than mine, in a cornucopia of unique ways.  A whole slew of his clothes are from Tommy, and they all intentionally go together.  Mine are from an insane number of different places, and it's a miracle that I can even answer when someone says, "Where did you get that?"  Dustin also has probably shod at least half of Nigeria with his Toms collection.

3.  One of Dustin's spiritual gifts is apartment parkour.  There is video evidence of this, but not on my computer, so you'll just have to trust me.

4.  Dustin is a big fan of ice cream sandwiches.  Particularly of the Klondike persuasion.

5.  Dustin may have to go to war with the big crock pot of soup in the back of his refrigerator that Zach made and decided to harvest there for the winter.  He's not real excited about it, but he really wants the crock pot back.

So there you have it!  Our friend, Dustin.

This actually inspires me to do a Cast of Characters over there in my sidebar just so you can have a little cheat sheet on the people in my life.  And I solemnly swear to choose the most embarrassing pictures of them.

Say goodbye, Dustin!

1 comment:

Dustin said...

This far exceeds all expectations that I day-dreamingly built up since my request on that seemingly normal tenth of July. I imagined my name being pseudo-mentioned, I dreamt of the possibility of a Loch Ness-esque blurry photo, I hoped, I prayed. And I got this. This beautiful post all to myself. With pictures--normal pictures (who cares how unflattering they are, I'll send you some better one's for future posts)!!

No, this post may not have been a good idea. Somehow, I think I may now require a weekly post. I've been bitten by the bug of fame, infected by the poison of notoriety; I'm dying to be known.

And you, you are the vehicle that will take me there. Take me, Lauren & Lincoln, to heights I couldn't imagine!!! Take me to the city where the streets all bear my name!! Take me to that monument--the one of me, standing proudly, polished and pristine out of constant reverence and attention!! TAKE ME TO MY FUTURE!! I bid you, TAKE ME TO MY FUTURE!!

But now, I must sleep. And in my slumber, I shall dream again of what might be. The baby dreams that once filled my head have been dashed against the rocks of reality. Their bodies decomposed, their spirits vaporized leaving room for newer, bigger, gigantic dreams to fill and stretch their void. Oh, sweet sleep, I welcome you. Until morning comes, and I find inspiration to see these new dreams to their fruition.

I now bid you, Adieu.

Related Posts with Thumbnails