Friday, July 22, 2011

happy birthday, molly!

For eighteen days, we get to be the same age!

Here's the very first picture we ever took together, before watching that display of cinematic brilliance that was Step Up 3D.


I didn't know at the time that you would become one of my very best friends ever, but you've said it before, and I totally agree:  our friendship, with the amount of time we spend together and the fact that we share a house, is proof that we both can survive marriage one day.  Since this is my second birthday post this week, I'll switch it up and give you my top ten favorite crazy things we ever said or did.

10.  When we met at Old Glory for the first time last July, and I prayed, "Dear God, please don't let Clara AND Molly both live in the house because I don't know if I can take that much energy ALL THE TIME."  He must have laughed at me and thought, "Oh, you just wait..."

9.  Halloween.  We didn't have a single trick-or-treater, but that day, we met Teddy the Waiter, dressed up (roughly) as Lady Gaga and a '50s housewife, and convinced the checkout lady at Target that we did not, in fact, share a child even though we were buying alphabet magnets for our fridge.

8.  Two words.  JAMMIN'.  JAVA.  How has that place not hung our faces on the wall yet?  Also, still working on apologizing for that time I told Brendan James how much you loved him.  To his face.  Basically shouting.

7.  Pancake dinners!!!  We do them often.  Both of us would rather just eat breakfast foods only.

6.  The parking tickets.  No need to go much further here.

5.  Picking out our very first big girl Christmas tree!  And lashing it to the top of your Nissan.  Oh, and the way you play them maracas.

4.  New Year's Eve!!!  And how we met lots of new friends and navigated the subway like champs.  But this night was quickly upstaged by that time you went through BWI security and got so mad that you ripped the handle off your suitcase and dragged it through the terminal by one metal bar.  Clara and I are STILL laughing about that.

3.  This video of you climbing our steps in an ice storm.  And the little victory dance you did at the end even though I asked for a victory stance.

2.  That time you told me, "DON'T LOOK AT ME WITH YOUR EYEBALLS!"  There will never be a time when that won't be one of my favorites.

1.  All the trips to Whitlow's, all the episodes of Parks & Recreation, all the road trips, and all the times I felt so blessed to have a friend who made me laugh constantly and put up with my perfectionism and still wanted to be my friend, too.  I love you soooooooooo much, and I hope you have a FABULOUS day!

Welcome to your Michael Jordan year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails