Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100th post / rachael & peter's wedding!

Happy 100th post to me!  I started this blog allllll the way back on August 18, and I just can't believe I've made it this far already!  And I have 17 followers... chump change to some, but ridiculously flattering to me.  I just love you all.

Anyway, the main event!  Let's start with the fact that Friday was NOT a great day for any of us at work, but no one suffered the consequences of it quite as violently as Molly's suitcase.


I mean, no, of course she didn't rip the handle off her bag and fling it across security and then drag it down the terminal by a glorified metal and plastic shard.  Why would you ask that?

Molly, Clara, and I flew into Hartford, CT in the MOTHER of all snow storms, but our exceptionally gay flight attendants didn't seem worried.  So, we just let them distract us.  By the grace of their own hearts, Andrew and Grant picked us up from the airport and drove us all the way back to the hotel at 45 mph on the highway before heading straight back to pick up Paul.  I think better men would be hard to find.



Before the ceremony, we definitely hit up Panera in all the outfits you see below.  People stared, but to be fair, the spectator experience was probably like stepping inside Vogue magazine for a hot sec.  Then, we arrived at the church a full hour early.  Suave.  So, we went to CVS to find the boys a card for their gift, and we came across this little gem.



WTF, Hallmark. 

Upside: our extra hour turned into a raging car dance party.  If you were within a 50-mile radius of Agawam, MA on Saturday afternoon, that sonic boom you heard was Grant's sound system.  Sorry we're not sorry. 

This was in the church lobby... everyone's concerned about Andrew except Andrew.  (Ok, and Paul.  But homeboy is more prepared for pictures than a Boy Scout.)


That's a whole lot of Cedarville royalty right there.


Roomies!  (And yes, the poinsettia did make a return.  DBJ.  A girl asked to take a picture of my head at the reception.  Not of me.  Just my head.)


Some people complain that their faces are always too close to the camera.  Other people have trouble keeping their mouths completely in the frame.  (Love you, Paul.  Truly.)


MAWWIAGE!


... is what bwings us togevah today.


The Lonely Island (of singleness and questionable conversation, but just as hood as the real thing).


First dance!


Learning the Cleveland Shuffle on Grant's iPhone.  Tragically, only family got to do it.  But for the five minutes we were watching this video, we were that much more committed to humiliating ourselves on the dance floor.


Ummm, how many pictures of Grant have been on this blog in the past week?  Is anyone keeping track?  Do I need to start charging?


Clara and Paul!



Daddy/daughter dance... always one of my favorite parts!


Wallflower commitment.  No one does it better.


Ok, we've all officially spent too much time together.


Just kidding.  Love you, Granty Squishy Ishy Face.


Top shelf.


We joojed ourselves up at the photo booth...


Funfetti cake with silver-coated mint M'n'Ms!  Geniuuuuuuus.


Oh dear.  Here come the dance floor pictures.




Just adorbs.  I kind of want to pinch the proverbial cheeks of this picture.


Paul Smith.  You are dance floor royalty.  And my life is richer for it.



The Brandts!  Oh my goodness, they're offish!


Can we all just hate Rachael for a second because her hair stayed perfect all night?  Ok, great.


Some people should make a music video.


So that was it!  About a half inch of snow fell during the reception, so even getting back to the hotel was a challenge, but Grant drove like a champ!

And then we celebrated in our own, special way...


BYEEEEEE!  Congratulations, Rach & Pete!!!


3 comments:

Leanna said...

because my school is closed today, I will be learning the cleveland shuffle in my apt today! Don't think I won't.

Katy :-) said...

haha thanks for the stellar coverage.... ps im glad you've been able to learn of the amazingness of Paul Mitchel Smith. He a diamond in the rough. (on so many levels... I mean, you've seen his teeth, right?)

Clara said...

Thank you Lauren for documenting this wonderful trip :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails