Friday, January 21, 2011

whitney, lauren, and danielle visit: sunday

On Sunday morning, we did what DCers do on lazy weekend mornings... we went to Eastern Market!


Whitney and I bought matching scarves, and then we each bought a cannoli to enjoy on the way over to Baltimore to pick up Danielle!



Fortunately for us (and unfortunately for our waistlines), Georgetown Cupcake was on Danielle's list of things to do, too!  But since we were already in Maryland when we picked her up, we just headed to the shop in Bethesda, which has a MUCH shorter line!

And I found my very, very favorite flavor that day.  Strawberry champagne.  I may or may not write a few love songs in its honor. 



Please try to ignore the icing on my face.  It adds character.


Ready to DIG IN.




A lot of people think I'm poised and proper and would never post a picture of myself eating, but clearly, I have no shame.



After that, we decided to drive into the city to visit the National Portrait Gallery.  I ADORED it!  We probably only saw half of it (because, let's be honest, we wanted to get back in time to watch the Golden Globes), but the history nerd in me had a flippin' field day.

Oh hey, I like your last name.


Beauregard in the Civil War exhibit.


President of the sweet, sweet South.


Oh, look!  It's Lauren and Lincoln!  (I am as much of a dork as you think I am.)



This portrait of Mary Cassatt gave me a warm fuzzy, because Mom used to keep her paintings all over the house!


We're trying.  Some years harder than others.


I LOVED this dining room exhibit!



Dorks.


Obviously, my favorite president.  But I have to tell you, there were some EXTREMELY rude Brits hanging out in this exhibit who were making fun of all the Republican presidents, and I was absolutely furious.  Whitney legitimately thought I was going to jump on the tall one's back and wring his neck until he admitted America was all that ever went right in the world.  But really, if you're not from this country, don't make fun of the people we elect.  We didn't ask you.


Dubya!


This one was from the "Elvis at 21" exhibit, which I loved!  This girl almost looks too mature to be freaking out over him, but I'm pretty sure if she were young today, this would be her reaction to J-Biebs.  And no, I'm not comparing the two.



So that was pretty much our weekend!  I'm still detoxing from the cupcakes, but they were worth every last bite!

Looks like we're getting zero point zero zero inches of snow today, but that's ok, because it's FRIDAY!  Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I LOVE Mary Cassatt!! :)))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails