Wednesday, January 19, 2011

go see this movie immediately.


OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  New favorite, kiddos.  New freaking favorite.

I don't know how many of you watched the Golden Globes, but I was that silly girl who predicted The Social Network would win everything because it was the only one of the heavy hitters I had seen, and, let's be honest, Jesse Eisenberg rocked my facebook stalking socks off.  And I was right a few times.  But last night, I saw The King's Speech, and now I want to write heated, poop-smeared letters to the Hollywood Foreign Press for not falling at the feet of its movie supremacy.  Movies do not make me cry unless they involve dead/sick/injured/otherwise unloved animals, but this film had me choked up more than once.  Okay, I'm a little bit of a sucker for historical dramas (Apollo 13, anyone?  I'm your girl.), but when you throw two actors like Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush into pre-war Britain and watch their characters clamor for dignity in the wake of Nazi Germany, I'm gonna need a few tissues.  Oh, and it's also hysterical.

Just please go see this movie.  Don't make me ask twice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails