Thursday, January 27, 2011

home improvements

Our home is getting homier!  About a week ago, Molly and I ordered about twenty of our favorite pictures from Snapfish and bought a bunch of $5 frames from Michaels so we could create a giant photo collage on the wall near our kitchen, and we love how it turned out!  Not gonna lie, I had a really hard time being ok with the random amounts of space between each picture (I really like consistency and order and tape measurers), but Molly put up with my crazy long enough for me to adjust, and I just adore it.




That wall used to have three Ikea mirrors with raw wooden frames hanging up side by side, so we painted those robin's egg blue (Martha approves) and distressed them a little before hanging them in the corner opposite the TV.  They open up the room a LOT!


Making these little changes keeps it feeling like "our home" and less like a place we just rent.  I'm sure there will be quite a few more!

Also, we already have six inches of snow, and the temperature is really low, so I'm pretty sure today is going to be full of lots of warm and cozy things.  Excited!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails