Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NYE in NYC: breakfast

Ok, so here begins my New Year's Eve adventure in NYC!  A bunch of Molly's friends from college drove down from Ohio to join us on this big adventure (most of whom I'd met before), and I absolutely adore all of them!  We became very close over our weekend together, and I'm so ready for them to come back and visit again.  We actually stayed at Grant's aunt's apartment in Washington Heights, and it was so wonderful to not have to leave the city at the end of the day.

Anyway, we started our New Year's Eve by eating a big breakfast at Good Enough to Eat on the Upper West Side.  It.  was.  AMAZING.  Molly's mom, who is a total foodie, had filled her in on all the best places to eat, so we did our best to hit all of them.  This place was just the beginning!  And they had coffee, which was really all I asked.

Here are Katy, Sarah, and Molly waiting outside on our table...


Grant and Molly...


Our whole group!


DBJ.


I just absolutely loved their Christmas decorations.  Can I please have these in my house? 


Molly's sweet photo-taking skillz.  Love it!


We decided we REALLY need this hanging in our house.  I mean, there are four cows.  There are four of us.  Why didn't I make them an offer?


And here was the most incredible part: they had strawberry butter!  I can't even describe how delicious it was.  It was like drinking a strawberry milkshake but smoother and saltier and just feeling like you'll never be unhappy ever again.  I might try to find the recipe for it in the next twenty-four hours.


And after a short bathroom break, we were ready to go stake out our place in Times Square!

Come back tomorrow for the first few hours of our marathon New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails