Friday, January 7, 2011

NYE in NYC: the afterparty

So, after we had been on our feet for twelve solid hours, you'd think we'd be tired and delusional.  And you would be right.  But we were also hungrier than raccoons in garbage cans, so we hit up a favorite of Molly's, Baxter's and mine... Cafeteria!  It's located in Chelsea, and it has some of the most delicious gourmet Southern food you'll ever, ever eat.  And then they'll play Britney on the radio and you can dance it off with the fabulous waitstaff.


Not ready for this one, but I had to include it because of Katie's face!



After a SERIOUS night's sleep (if you think we were out the door before one o'clock, you done lost yo' mind), we headed to another big restaurant hit for some lunch... Mexicana Mama!


OH. MY. GAWD.  It was, hands down, the best Mexican food I've had in my entire life.  I'm pretty sure there's crack in the recipes.


Then, we went to go visit Ground Zero, which I had actually not been this close to since the Towers were still standing.  It was so humbling and emotional, particularly as members of a generation that was still quite young on September 11 but will undoubtedly become responsible for making sure nothing like it ever happens again.







We then made our way over to Trinity Church, which you may remember from the movie, National Treasure.  What a GORGEOUS place to worship!



"You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we droppin' Hamiltons!"  Too soon?


All decorated for Christmas!






After some shopping, we met Hannah, Erica, Zach, and their friend, Dustin at A Salt and Battery, which is an amazing fish and chips place in Greenwich Village.  I would have taken pictures of this, but I was too busy inhaling scallops and tartar sauce.  So, you'll just have to trust me that you're jealous.

Then, we made the snappiest of snap decisions to practically run to the Staten Island Ferry so we could see Manhattan from the river... BEST IDEA EVER!



Oh, meet our new friends (and Molly's sarcasm)!



The ferry is free, and the view is just incredible!  And it's especially great if you want to see the Statue of Liberty without actually spending a bunch of time on Liberty Island.


Let me go ahead and apologize for the number of skyline pictures you're about to see.  I couldn't choose, so just go with it.  Pretend you're there.







We may or may not have had a mini-photo shoot on the subway stairs.  Passersby threw babies at us.  That's how good we looked.




And that's all, folks!  Are you a little bit sad it's over?  Me, too.  I've actually been mourning it all week.  But the buzz at 2740 is that there's a trip to Vegas in the works sometime this year, so maybe we'll just do it all again!

p.s. If you found my blog through Molly's facebook page or Grant or Baxter's twitter, I'm so glad you stopped by!  I update every weekday, so y'all come back now, ya' hear?!?

El Fin.

1 comment:

Ellie B said...

ohmygoodness I LOVED all of your NY posts! But can I mention that once again you ventured up to my neck of the woods without giving me a heads up! We WILL hang out next time you come up north!

I'm glad you had such an amazing time! Happy 2011 to yoooou :-*

Related Posts with Thumbnails