Tuesday, January 18, 2011

homemade heath bars


So, this recipe comes from Molly's family treasure trove of cooking magic, and I couldn't believe how much the homemade version tasted like the real thing!  She made them as soon as I got back from Christmas in Raleigh, and they made my sad heart happy!

Here's what you'll need:

1 small package saltine crackers
2 sticks butter (I know, I know...)
12 oz. milk chocolate chips
1 cup sugar

Directions:

Spread foil over baking sheet and spray with Pam.  Cover with whole crackers until they fill the pan.  Melt butter in sauce pan, add sugar, and boil for 3 minutes.  Pour over crackers and bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  Once out of the oven, pour chocolate chips over and spread to melt.




Cool in refrigerator or freezer.  Break into pieces once cool.


Voila!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails