Thursday, September 8, 2011

carolina v. jmu

So, after Wakefield's football game on Friday night, my sister and I went to Carolina's game against James Madison on Saturday!  My parents have season tickets to NC State games (since it's my dad's alma mater), so they stayed behind and headed to Carter-Finley later that day.  We met up with Leanna's best friend from college (ok, she's my friend, too), Rebekah, and had lunch at Carolina Brewery.  It was SO GOOD.  I had not been there in about four years, and now I realize what a crime that was.

After lunch, we headed to the quad to see the band warm up and play for the team's arrival, and we got to see our friend, Brian!  We also watched the band warm up at Wilson Library and ran into lots of other friends, so basically, it was an accidental reunion.  Love it.


Jeremy and I watching the band warm up at Wilson!



Our stadium is now completely closed in!  Yay!


So fratty I can't even handle it.  Too bad I'm eight billion years older than these kids now.  (Or two.  But still.)


There's Brian and his BEST PANTS EVER.


Maybe this will help our image?



Totes jeal of this t-shirt.





Pre-game time!



JMU...


At halftime, they did a script "Carolina", which I actually thought was awesome, even though it may or may not borrow from a little school called Ohio State.  (The mascot dotted the "i", though.)




Carolina ended up winning 42-10!  Which was super fun on Tuesday because there are quite a few JMU grads in my office.

After the game, I met up with Bekah and a few of her seminary friends at a restaurant in Raleigh to watch the  four hundred other games that happened that day, and it was FOOTBALL OVERLOAD.  I loved every minute of it.

This weekend, we take on Rutgers!  Go Heels!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

That fratty guy is totes adorbs. Like a real-life Ken doll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails