Thursday, September 22, 2011

ted's bulletin

Before she moved back to Ohio, Ted's Bulletin was a go-to restaurant for my old roommate, Clara.  In fact, it's kind of a hangout spot for the Obamas, too (but I like Clara better).  I actually took David there while he was visiting, and then this past weekend, before Megan took off for the The Last Frontier (aka Alaskan Baskin' 2011), we headed there before she had to catch her flight.


Ted's is an adorable place for breakfast or lunch in the Eastern Market/Capitol Hill area, and Clara always loved to go there after church on Sundays.  It has a precious little bakery and soda bar/real bar in the front and then retro booths in the back with an old movie always playing projector-style on the wall.


And the best part about Ted's (besides the carafes of water and coffee they leave on your table)?  The homemade pop-tarts, of course!


Megs and I ordered the blueberry cheesecake pop-tart to split, and I think it goes without saying that these puppies kick the store-bought variety in the sprinkles.


Oh, and you pretty much can't go wrong with the rest of the menu.  I've had the French toast and the bagel with mixed berries on the side, both of which I would recommend!  Just get what you want.  You'll leave happy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails