Friday, September 30, 2011

awkward & awesome

There's this cute little blog out there called The Daybook, written by a girl who lives here in DC (Molls, I sense this is your type of blog).  Every Thursday, she hosts "Awkward and Awesome Thursdays" for all her fellow bloggers out there (you'd be surprised how much of a community it is), and even though it's Friday, I figure my life is awkward and awesome enough to stretch the rules a bit.  So, here you go.  The minute details I don't give you on a normal basis that you'd probably still like to know.

Awkward:

- Last weekend when Molly and I went to the DC Pregnancy Crisis center so she could vacuum it, and we took too long to disarm the security system.  This place, being on Capitol Hill, has an outdoor alarm, and Capitol Hill, being Capitol Hill, has plenty of police officers.  HELLO FIVE SECOND RESPONSE TIME.  He was nice, though, and we're pretty sure he called off the other eighty police officers who were no doubt speeding through Chinatown to arrest us.

- The homeless man who asked me last week if I would marry him.  I said "no" faster than he could he could say, "Why?  I'm not UGLY!" (he actually said that).  But I've heard this city's male to female ratio is 1:4, so maybe that was rash.

- The fact that our front door was wide open when Erika got home from work yesterday, so she carried around a butcher knife while she called the property manager and searched every room in the house.  None of our stuff is missing, though, and all the spare keys are here, so we're thinking someone just forgot to pull the door all the way shut this morning since the bottom lock stays locked.  Still, the chain was on our door last night.

- The fork in my purse.  It stabs me every time I stick my hand in there.


Awesome:


- I'm a part time SAT instructor now!  It's true, The Princeton Review hired me today!  So, I'll get to help some real neat kiddos get ready for college on nights and weekends while still getting to be Miss City Government during the day.  Win-win-win.

- The Cowboys beat the Redskins this week, and a whole city cried.  Bahahahaha.

- The new route I found for driving to work that saves me ten to fifteen minutes.  Not that I drive everyday, but man, sometimes you and the metro just need your space, because one of you has become too clingy.

- The Justin Bieber nail polish currently taking up residence on my lower ten.  It's one layer of "Prized Possession Purple" with an added layer of "One Less Lonely Glitter".  That pang of jealousy you feel right now is warranted.  Own it.

- This book.  Required reading for all girls new to the working world.  You will immediately feel un-alone.


So, that's pretty much it!  Happy Friday, loves of my life!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails