Tuesday, September 6, 2011

let's talk about this.


This.  This is offensive.  I'm completely aware of the number of people I may offend with this post, particularly a few who live near me.  But MY GOODNESS.  I feel like it's already common knowledge that Maryland's flag is, in the kindest words, the most unique in the country, and in the harshest words, little more than pattern vomit.

And I understand that since the university borrows its colors from the flag, it's tempting maybe to just shortcut things and practically wear the flag.  And for a university not particularly known for its grace (I give you Ralph Friedgen as Exhibit A), perhaps wearing the flag is just par for the course.

But, for the love of high definition television and my corneas, WILL SOMEONE AT UNDER ARMOUR PLEASE PULL THIS MESS?!?  Before regional optometrists are able to retire from all the temporary blindness they'll treat?!?

And only adding insult to injury was the University of Miami, because let's be honest, this is not the most visually pleasing color combo, either.


GAH.  ACC, do better.  The next time these teams have to play each other, can you artfully hide them in a 3:30 game on rivalry weekend when people can more easily forget they exist?

For the greater good.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I forwarded this post to Nate. He loved it and said you are understating the horribleness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails