Wednesday, September 7, 2011

wakefield football!

I headed home for Labor Day weekend last Friday afternoon so I could make it to Raleigh in time to catch my old high school, Wakefield, take on Knightdale.  It was so fun to be back!  Quite a bit has changed since I left... the old PA announcer is gone, they have a new football coach and a new band director, the band is much smaller, and all the students seem about five years old.  But lots of things have stayed the same, too!  The uniforms are the same, the scoreboard is the same, the band still wears t-shirts and khaki shorts early in the season, and the girls still wear maroon and silver ribbons in their hair (rock on).

It's really fun to go back with my parents, who came to every home game while my sister and I were there (we were both in the band) and to be able to just watch like everyone else!  I miss being part of the game day at Carolina, but I think I far prefer being just a fan at Wakefield.

It was a beautiful evening!






There's Knightdale...





The band did a great job, too!



Wakefield ended up winning 42-32, so I was super proud of both of my teams this weekend!  Go Wolverines!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails